Fund the Lawsuit
We have a $5000 Matching Fund! Citizens About Responsible Planning (CARP) will match all donations dollar for dollar. Our Paypal account allows donations to be tax deductible. Checks can also be sent directly to our attorney, Coast Law Group, LLP, 1140 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024 (write for PWP Lawsuit on check). Thanks to your generous donations we have raised over $4000 which is being matched by CARP dollar for dollar. We are very grateful for your support.
While PWP sued the Coastal Commission, Beach Oil Minerals is also a party to the lawsuit. Our attorney, Livia Borak Beaudin of Coast Law Group succeeded in defeating a motion by BOM to have our case dismissed for lack of legal standing and also twice convinced the judge to rule against BOM’s requests to have the project’s permit deadline extended indefinitely. Unfortunately, in her final ruling on the merits of our case the Judge found for the Coastal Commission and dismissed the lawsuit. Until further notice, all donations will fund court costs and legal fees. PWP will continue to investigate and challenge wetlands restoration projects, plans for a new gas plant, and other threats to the Los Cerritos Wetlands.
Educate Yourself and Others
Review these documents, slide shows, and articles to learn more about threats to the Los Cerritos Wetlands and Puvungna and the impacts of fossil fuel extraction to the region.
Downloadable resources, videos, and images
- An Evening of Music for the Los Cerritos Wetlands (YouTube video)
- The Gathering Place (YouTube video)
- Event Posters by Cassandra Rowden (Los Cerritos Wetlands Healing Walk)
- Event Posters by Cassandra Rowden (An Evening of Music for the Los Cerritos Wetlands)
Legal Arguments in Lawsuit
- PWP vs CCP Final Judgement
- Protect the Long Beach/Los Cerritos on Facebook
- Friends of Puvungna on Instagram #protectpuvungna
- California Cultural Resources Protection Alliance
- STAND LA
- SoCal 350 Climate Action
- Sogorea Te Land Trust
- Stop Line 3
- Algalita Marine Research and Education Foundation
- Protect Ballona Wetlands & Wildlife
- Stop Fracking Long Beach
- Tongva Language
The Los Cerritos Wetlands is our church, this is where we pray, this is where we go to remind people of who we are. We constantly struggle to keep these parcels of land in a natural state. We get very few wins when it comes to land. Allow people to have these sacred sites. The Coastal Commission should not be afraid of developers and their money.— Gloria ArellanesTongva Elder and Activist